Launching and Consolidating Unstoppable Learning
by Alexander McNeece
Part of the Unstoppable Learning Series Adopted by educators worldwide, the Unstoppable Learning model includes seven elements of teaching and learning: (1) planning, (2) launching, (3) consolidating, (4) assessing, (5) adapting, (6) managing, and (7) leading. This book offers strategies for launching (introducing content and hooking students) and consolidating (facilitating students' comprehension) to help readers cultivate and increase meaningful, student-centered learning. Learn classroom management strategies to support student engagement and learner autonomy:
- Become familiar with the student engagement mindset continuum and gain classroom management strategies that help establish a growth mindset for students.
- Understand the theories of self-determination, participation, and motivation for students.
- Consider differentiated instruction and classroom scenarios that increase participation and intrinsic motivation for students during a lesson launch.
- Boost competency and learning consolidation by tapping into student engagement strategies designed specifically for different kinds of students.
- Learn how to monitor bias, which can negatively affect motivation for students who are struggling.
- Focus on student-centered learning to help students relate to content, and learn when and where to differentiate instruction to provide more learner autonomy.
Contents: Foreword Introduction Chapter 1: Student Engagement Chapter 2: The Agitator Mindset Chapter 3: The Retreater Mindset Chapter 4: The Probationer Mindset Chapter 5: The Aficionado Mindset Chapter 6: The Academician Mindset Chapter 7: Engagement Culture Schoolwide Epilogue References and Resources IndexBooks in the Unstoppable Learning series:
- Unstoppable Learning
- A Handbook for Unstoppable Learning
- Leading Unstoppable Learning
- Adapting Unstoppable Learning
- Assessing Unstoppable Learning
- Managing Unstoppable Learning
- Launching and Consolidating Unstoppable Learning